Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Sivka Burka <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2012/04/23 11:12:57 UTC

jena 2.6.4 distribution is missing license information for 3rd parties

Hello community

I plan to use jena in my applications. One of them requires jena 2.6.4
because of interface to semantic Oracle (
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25609/sem_jena.htm#autoId0).

I realized that jena 2.6.4 distribution contains additional third parties
(check Jena-2.6.4\lib). Somehow I expected that the license information for
those additional components is considered in the distribution. Am I missing
something?

Many Thanks

Michael

Re: jena 2.6.4 distribution is missing license information for 3rd parties

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 23/04/12 11:23, Damian Steer wrote:

> On 23/04/12 10:12, Sivka Burka wrote:
>> Hello community
>
> Hello,
>
>> I plan to use jena in my applications. One of them requires jena
>> 2.6.4 because of interface to semantic Oracle (
>> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25609/sem_jena.htm#autoId0).
>
> Does
>>
> it definitely not work with 2.7.0? I guess it touches ARQ, which
> does change more rapidly.
>

>> I realized that jena 2.6.4 distribution contains additional third
>> parties (check Jena-2.6.4\lib). Somehow I expected that the license
>> information for those additional components is considered in the
>> distribution. Am I missing something?
>
> Not that I can see. Apache releases are more conservative in this respect.
>
> IIRC those libraries are under very free licences (MIT and Apache type).
>
> Damian

See the License/ directory in the ARQ distribution.

	Andy

Re: jena 2.6.4 distribution is missing license information for 3rd parties

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.

Re: jena 2.6.4 distribution is missing license information for 3rd parties

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On 23/04/12 10:12, Sivka Burka wrote:
> Hello community
>

> I plan to use jena in my applications. One of them requires jena 2.6.4
> because of interface to semantic Oracle (
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25609/sem_jena.htm#autoId0).
>

> I realized that jena 2.6.4 distribution contains additional third parties
> (check Jena-2.6.4\lib). Somehow I expected that the license information for
> those additional components is considered in the distribution. Am I missing
> something?

The doc/Licenses directory in the download lists the included libraries
and provides links to their licenses, along with local copies of the
Apache 2 and IBM ICU4J license.

Dave