Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2008/03/13 18:03:22 UTC

tapestry-core dependency problem?

I noticed my unit tests failed when switching from 5.0.11-SNAPSHOT to
5.0.12-SNAPSHOT with a classnamelocator exception.

I then noticed that I was using tapestry-ioc-5.0.10 rather than the
5.0.12-SNAPSHOT. Upgrading that to 5.0.12-SNAPSHOT fixed the problem.

The bug seems to be in the tapestry-core-5.0.12-SNAPSHOT pom, where
the dependency on tapestry-ioc is versionless, meaning that the last
released version is used (which is 5.0.10). I think it needs to have
<version>${project.version}</version> added.

Re: tapestry-core dependency problem?

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
What I ended up doing was this:

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
             <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
             <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
             <exclusions>
                 <exclusion>
                     <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
                     <artifactId>tapestry-ioc</artifactId>
                 </exclusion>
             </exclusions>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
             <artifactId>tapestry-ioc</artifactId>
             <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
         </dependency>

which fixed the problem for now. It happened on my box (osx 10.5 with
java 1.6) and my colleague's box (vista with java 1.6) so I assumed it
was a real problem. Hopefully it will be one of those problems that
just goes away with a new release.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.