Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws> on 2012/12/17 23:45:11 UTC

Re: [Announce] wicket-dashboard

Hey Guys,

I run into a conflict between wicket-dashboard
(https://github.com/decebals/wicket-dashboard/) and wicked-charts
(http://code.google.com/p/wicked-charts/).

When I added a simple line chart in a panel to the dashboard both the
drag-box header links and the chart stop working.

I run this using the demo on the trunk v0.4-SNAPSHOT with
wicked-charts-wicket15  v1.3.1.

In short wicket-dashboard seems to be using wiquery v1.5.5 which if I'm not
mistaken pulls in jQuery 1.6.4 where as wicked-charts is using jQuery 1.8.0.
Both of those libraries end up in the header of the page and things start
acting up from there on.

-----
~ Thank you,
    Paul@Bors.ws

RE: [Announce] wicket-dashboard

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
For whoever is interested, the right way of setting the settings in
wicked-charts is via a call to:
JavaScriptResourceRegistry.getInstance().setJQueryReference() etc.

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Hey Decebal,

Thanks for your effort in creating the wicket-dashboard!

That's how I got started with HighCharts and your dashboard :)

I already created a wicket-dashboard-highcharts project using your trunk
version of the wicket-dashboard project which I should either forward to you
or perhaps you can give me instructions on how to add it to your project.

The two integrate quite easily once you configure both to run the same
version of jQuery and now either project allows you to do so.

I'm going on vacation for the next 2 weeks and when I get back I'm in charge
of putting together a demo using wicket-dashboard and wicked-charts
(HighCharts).

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors