Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com> on 2016/07/21 11:45:00 UTC

Release plan

Are we now done with 2.6.x, and heading towards 2.7 in a few months?

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: Release plan

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Generally, the release number and release date dictate themselves.  Since we use semantic versioning we only increase the second number when a non-insignificant feature is added (I didn’t use significant on purpose as some features aren’t really significant but they aren’t insignificant either). Once there is enough stuff to warrant a release then it is just a matter of when the release manager has the time to do it - and there isn’t work that isn’t quite finished.

Ralph

Re: Release plan

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I'd say we're done with 2.6. I'm finishing up the async appender updates
(still working on documentation updates, but the code is pretty stable at
this point).

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>