Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2012/03/28 23:29:57 UTC

[io] org.apache.commons.io.ThreadMonitor.class ?

Someone has suggested that our team look at the "Apache Thread Monitor"
as a way of timing out some classes that don't natively support timeouts.

In investigating this using the Google, I find references such as this:

http://commons.apache.org/io/cobertura/org.apache.commons.io.ThreadMonitor.html

and this:

http://commons.apache.org/io/xref/org/apache/commons/io/ThreadMonitor.html

Yet when I look at the official Commons IO Javadoc
(http://commons.apache.org/io/api-release/index.html), this class does
not appear to exist.  Nor can I find it in any of the older official
javadocs?

Can someone explain this discrepancy and where I might find this class?

Is this old code that was abandoned for some (probably good) reason?  Is
something else recommended instead?

Thanks.

Steve Cohen

Re: [io] org.apache.commons.io.ThreadMonitor.class ?

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
What are the pros and cons of this as compared to JDK 6+ ExecutorService?

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Steve,