Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Binette <je...@adinquiry.com> on 2009/12/07 21:39:28 UTC

Page Security Report

I have a custom "report" portlet that uses the UserManager, GroupManager,
and RoleManager to create a report showing each user with what groups and
roles are assigned to them. That works great. But what we really need is a
list of Folders and Pages each user has access to as well. Right now they
are using a big Excel spreadsheet but of course keeping that up to date is
error prone. It doesn't look like the PageManager in Jetspeed does what I
need. Does anyone think of a way for me to do this using the information
already setup in Jetspeed.

--
Michael

Re: Page Security Report

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Michael,

There is not a simple way to do this, but it is possible using the
PortalSite component.

The PortalSite component generates a view of the portal folder/page
hierarchy that is used to construct menus. One of the most important
aspects of menus is that they present only what the user is able to
access and, at the same time, everything they can. Consequently, if you
walk the Folder/Page proxy hierarchy returned by the PortalSite, you
will have exactly what you need.

To do this for each user, you need to become the user and then ask the
portal site for the root folder and recurse from there as the user. You
can also ask the PortalSite to return a deep menu of all folders and
pages if you want a comprehensive set of URLs for the user. See the
Security and Profiler valves for hints on how to do this. Feel free to
ask any more detailed questions as they come up.

HTH.

Randy