Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/07/17 21:50:35 UTC

[ApacheDS] Bad Dependency on commons-net 2.1

Hi,

the Apache Commons PMC realized about two weeks ago that the mvn repo
contains artifacts for commons-net 2.1 which has never been released and
subsequently removed those from central.  The next commons-net version
is likely going to be 2.2 (and will probably use the org.apache.commons
groupId instead of commons-net).

While looking into a Gump build failure (<http://gump.apache.org/> has
silently been building much of the directory project for a few months) I
saw that ApacheDS depends on 2.1
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/pom.xml> which
means clean builds no longer work ('cause 2.1 is nowehere to be found
anymore).

Gump used to build ApacheDS against the 1.x branch of commons-net so I
think you could safely dpwngrade to commons-net 2.0 until 2.2 has been
released.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: [ApacheDS] Bad Dependency on commons-net 2.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
  On 7/17/10 10:12 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> I just checked that release 1.5.7 uses commons-net 2.0 and the upgrade
> to commons-net 2.1 was done after the 1.5.7 release in commit 937229
> [1] and 937269 [2], so the 1.5.7 release is ok.

We will have to move back to 2.0 in trunk then.

Thanks Stefan.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS] Bad Dependency on commons-net 2.1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-07-17, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> I just checked that release 1.5.7 uses commons-net 2.0 and the upgrade
> to commons-net 2.1 was done after the 1.5.7 release in commit 937229
> [1] and 937269 [2], so the 1.5.7 release is ok.

That's good to know - and I see Emmanuel has fixed trunk already.

Great

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
I just checked that release 1.5.7 uses commons-net 2.0 and the upgrade
to commons-net 2.1 was done after the 1.5.7 release in commit 937229
[1] and 937269 [2], so the 1.5.7 release is ok.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=937229
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=937269