Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nikolay4ik <ko...@yandex.ru> on 2018/09/28 14:28:51 UTC

Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Hello!
I'm using active MQ 5.15.4 with Apache Camel 2.22.0.

My activemq.xml configured to use MsSQL for persistence:
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mssql-ds"
createTablesOnStartup="true"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

Active MQ correctly uses MySQL, but periodically it creates KahaDB files( i
see it in logs) Why does this can happen?

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Posted by Dan Abayev <da...@fortress.com>.
Thank you

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I'm referring to the limit attribute of the tempUsage element in
activemq.xml. A sample can be seen at
http://activemq.apache.org/xml-configuration.html. It's not well formatted
for easy reading, but it's correct XML.

Tim

Posted by Dan Abayev <da...@fortress.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
If you set a limit of 0 for it with producer flow control enabled, no
messages will be written to it. I don't remember offhand whether it'll
still create the KahaDB files on disk in that case, but if that's something
you care about, it's a simple test for you to do.

Tim

Posted by Dan Abayev <da...@fortress.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
The temp store uses KahaDB even if the persistent store is configured to
use another database type, so I suspect that that's the source of those
KahaDB files.

Tim