Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by C F <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/02 18:56:39 UTC

Rasterizer performance as servlet

Hello,

Regarding this thread....

http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-users/archives/msg00214.html

This pretty much sums up what I'm seeking answers to.  It is a discussion that took place quite a while ago (in 2001) so I'm wondering what has changed since then.  Basically, I want the options for users to use either SVG or PNG images on my web site as an interface to a web-based application.  However, unlike many had predicted/hoped SVG support is not widely available to the average web user.  I know there are nice, free SVG plugins available but you all know how users are with plugins.  I really want to have support for both SVG and raster output (using the svgrasterizer).  However, I wonder if the rasterization process is just not going to perform.  I don't have specific numbers for you as far as what I need, I was just hoping to get some generic discussion ont he topic and see what other people's experiences have been.

Thanks!