Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/27 11:13:04 UTC

[maven-antrun-plugin] How to pass default Maven Properties to ?

Hi all,

As recommended by the antrun
plugin<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/introduction.html>,
I'd like to "move all my Ant tasks to a build.xml file and just call it from
the POM using Ant's <ant/> task<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html>
."

I need to use some of the Maven properties (${project.build.directory}, ${
project.build.outputDirectory}, etc.) inside the build.xml, unfortunately it
seems that those properties are not inherited from the Maven Project.

To be precise, Maven properties are available in the Maven <tasks> tag but
not passed to the <ant> task.

<configuration>
    <tasks>
        <!-- Maven properties are available inside the <tasks>... -->
        <echo>${project.build.directory}</echo>

        <!-- but not in the build.xml file! -->
        <ant dir="${basedir}"
             antfile="build.xml"
        />
    </tasks>
</configuration>

The only workaround I found out is to explicitly declare the properties
before or inside the <ant> tag.
But you will agree that this not really neat nor efficient.

<configuration>
    <tasks>
        <!-- Pass all the properties that may be needed in the ant file -->
        <property name="project.build.directory" value="${
project.build.directory}"/>

        <ant dir="${basedir}"
             antfile="build-test.xml"
        />
    </tasks>
</configuration>

Does anyone have a solution please?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alexis

Re: [maven-antrun-plugin] How to pass default Maven Properties to ?

Posted by Alexis Midon <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Toli,

I post my question on my blog <http://jroller.com/page/alexism>too and I got
a useful answer from
Ruben<http://jroller.com/page/alexism?entry=maven2_antrun_plugin#comment3>
He suggests me to use the maven ant-task inside the build.xml itself.

http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html

Actually the pom task <http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html#POM> will load
a POM file and make it available as a reference for the other tasks or as
properties.
That could be a neat solution, don't you think?

Alexis

Posted by Toli Kuznets <to...@marketcetera.com>.
Alexis,