Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Ee-Ming Toh <to...@msn.com> on 2003/08/31 03:23:32 UTC

NoSuchMethodError: doSelectVillageRecords(Unknown Source)

Hi,

I just started using Torque recently. I wrote a simple program to do a
select all from a table and it gave me the following error during runtime:

org.apache.torque.util.C
riteria.getSelectColumns()Lorg/apache/commons/collections/StringStack;
       at com.otto.om.BaseDrawPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(Unknown Source)
       at com.otto.om.BaseDrawPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(Unknown Source)
       at com.otto.om.BaseDrawPeer.doSelect(Unknown Source)
       at com.otto.om.DrawPeer.doSelectAll(Unknown Source)
       at ViewOtto.main(Unknown Source)

My method for select all:

public static List doSelectAll() throws Exception
  {
    Criteria crit = new Criteria();
    return doSelect(crit);
  }

I run out of ideas. Anybody can help?

I am using Torque 3.1 beta 1 with MySQL database, jdk1.4.2-b28.

Thanks.
Ee-Ming

SV: NoSuchMethodError: doSelectVillageRecords(Unknown Source)

Posted by Bengt-Erik Fröberg <be...@chello.se>.
Hi.

I'm certainly far from being an experienced user of Torque as I've just
started out myself with it, but...

There are (as you might know) both a generator part AND a runtime part
of Torque. Make sure you have the latest release of both. Also check out
that your classpath, when you compile your om-classes, points to the
/lib-directories necessary. I myself haven't figured out yet which
/lib's are necessary when, but when you try to execute your
Torque-generated, the runtime /lib must be in your classpath (I know,
it's a lot of writing in the CLASSPATH environment variable :-) )

I also recognize the odd space in your "C riteria" in the output, and
have a faint memory of a similar problem I encountered. I can't remember
exactly what fixed it, but it had to do with the different version of
some jars involved. Sorry I can't remember better than that.

Don't know if this is any help at all, but in short: I suggest you take
a closer look at how your classpath is configured during runtime.

Sincerely,

/B-E Froberg