Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ni...@caramail.com on 2000/09/29 12:17:51 UTC

Compression... and cvs ERROR

Hello,

I'd like to create a compressed PDF.
I saw in the archive how to compress images, but not how to
compress the text...

My PDF (without hte images) makes 689 Ko of texts and tables
and only 114 Ko after compression with winzip...

So I guest there is a mean to compress the text too ?

By the way, I have an error, using jCVSII on the cvs server
for Fop. So I can't compress the images for the moment.
Here is my configuration :

PServer : checked
Login :
Parssword : anoncvs
CVS Module : xml-fop
CVS Server : anoncvs@xml.apache.org
CVS Repository : /home/cvspublic
Chekout Directory : c:\FopCVS0.14
Arguments :

And the result :
Checkout encountered an error.
The CVS Request failed.
Failed to open socket to connect to cvs
server '2401@anoncvs@xml.apache.org'.
could not create INETD connection
for '2401@anoncvs@xml.apache.org' --> anoncvs@xml.apache.org
could not create INETD connection
for '2401@anoncvs@xml.apache.org' --> anoncvs@xml.apache.org

** The command completed with an error status.

Thanks, bye.
Nicolas.
BoƮte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com