Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan Slupski <js...@email.com> on 2004/12/18 11:57:21 UTC

[users@httpd] AddHandler .cgi & why a.cgi.txt is executed

Hello,

Is this normal than when my configuration has (standard) directive:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Files that has other extension, but '.cgi' somewhere in filename
(eg. a.cgi.txt or a.cgi.html) are considered to be cgi scripts as well?

Having this file with chmod 0644 I'm getting following error_log:
[...] [error] [...] (13)Permission denied: exec of '/home/follow/bin/WWW/a.cgi.txt' failed
[...] [error] [...] Premature end of script headers: a.cgi.txt

Having it 0755 its being sucesfully executed as normal cgi.

If I rename the file to 'a.txt', its contents is displayed (as normal text/plain file).

I don't think there is anything unusual in my configuration that could affect this.

Tested on:

Fedora Core release 3
httpd-2.0.52-3.1

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1
httpd 1.3.31-6

Thanks,
Jan Slupski

   _  _  _  _  _____________________________________________
 |_| | | | \|                          http://www.juljas.net

Re: [users@httpd] List acting funny?

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
so do i, just got one message the 5 time. think the apache-mailserver is
going crazy.

Posted by Tim Burden <Ti...@Burden.ca>.
Hi all,

Is the list buggered or is it my pop server doing something funny? I seem to
be getting duplicate messages from everybody.

[users@httpd] C-Panel?

Posted by Theodore Webster <th...@cedar-rapids.net>.
I need a user interface / control panel for an Apache
server.  any ideas?

Theodore Webster
4893 1st Ave SW #1A
Cedar Rapids  IA  52405-4256
319-396-4451

Re: [users@httpd] AddHandler .cgi & why a.cgi.txt is executed

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:57:21 +0100 (CET), Jan Slupski
<js...@email.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is this normal than when my configuration has (standard) directive:
>
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
>
> Files that has other extension, but '.cgi' somewhere in filename
> (eg. a.cgi.txt or a.cgi.html) are considered to be cgi scripts as well?

Yes, it is normal and expected.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#multipleext

On windows we usually think of the extension as the stuff following
the /last/ dot, but on unix, filenames often have multiple extensions
(.tar.gz for example).

Joshua.