Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Shanmuka Maridi <Sh...@symphonysv.com> on 2012/05/22 14:51:29 UTC

Steps to upgrade from Tapestry 3 to Tapestry 5

Hi

Could you please let me know the steps for Tapestry 3 to Tapestry 5 upgrade?

Thanks
Shanmuka.

________________________________
NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS) IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, AND IS PROTECTED BY LAW. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL, DELETE THIS COMMUNICATION AND SHRED ANY ATTACHMENTS. UNAUTHORIZED REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, COPYING OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION BASED ON THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Re: Steps to upgrade from Tapestry 3 to Tapestry 5

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 10:50:49 -0300, Shanmuka Maridi
<Sh...@symphonysv.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert/Howard

Hi!

> 	<filter-mapping>
>         		<filter-name>app</filter-name>
>        		 <url-pattern>/app/*</url-pattern>
>     	</filter-mapping>

Use /* as the filter mapping.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

RE: Steps to upgrade from Tapestry 3 to Tapestry 5

Posted by Shanmuka Maridi <Sh...@symphonysv.com>.
Hi Robert/Howard

I am trying to run T3 and T5 pages with in the same application. Here I have a problem when I try to call T5 page from T3 page.
Please let me know my approach is correct or not? My exact requirement is as explained below:

I have one JavaScript function like this:

	function onSymAutoProjectConfig(){
		location.href = "/app/tapestry5";
		location.href.submit();
	}

In web.xml I have the code like this:

	<context-param>
        		<param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
       		 <param-value>com.example.tapestry5</param-value>
    	</context-param>
	<filter>
        		<filter-name>app</filter-name>
        		<filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter</filter-class>
   	 </filter>
	<filter-mapping>
        		<filter-name>app</filter-name>
       		 <url-pattern>/app/*</url-pattern>
    	</filter-mapping>
	---
	Followed by T3 filters and servlets

I have written Index.tml and Index.java pages under the package com.example.tapestry5. When I call the javascript onSymAutoProjectConfig() function. The Index.tml is not getting invoked.
I guess the problem here is I am not able to invoke the TapestryFilter. And also please let me know whether we can run T5 and T3 filters in the same application? Please suggest the correct approach for me.

Thanks & Regards
Shanmuka Babu
T  +91-80-30271584| M +91-9886503085
Shanmuka.Maridi@symphonysv.com

ENGINEERING OUTCOME CERTAINTY

Symphony Services
Sy. No. 13/1, Kadubeesanahalli Village,
Outer Ring Road, Varthur Hobli,
Bangalore 560087, Karnataka State, India
www.symphonysv.com

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<Sh...@symphonysv.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert
>
> I have checked the below link provided by you. Please let me know how we can create the service where I can get the T3 Information.
> My requirement is something like this, my total application is in T3 as of now. I want to develop one new page with T5.  And also is there any changes in web.xml also?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Shanmuka Babu

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

RE: Steps to upgrade from Tapestry 3 to Tapestry 5

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.