Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Bhargav Bhalerao <bh...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/31 08:08:50 UTC

Help: Qpid shuts down itself automatically - Java qpid 0.32

Hi All

I have 5 amqp queues in created in java qpid broker 0.32. I have enabled
all amqp versions on these queues.

My spring java application listens to these 5 queues continuously using
spring framework jms listeners using qpid v0.32 jms client.

I have set heartbeat=5 in client url.

SSL is enabled.

When qpid and application is idle overnight, it is observed that qpid
broker automatically shuts down.

We have to restart it everyday morning.

Please suggest a solution.

exhaustive debug logs attached for the time just before qpid goes down.

I am new to qpid broker and did not understand much in logs.

Request your kind help.

Bhargav Bhalerao

Re: Help: Qpid shuts down itself automatically - Java qpid 0.32

Posted by Bhargav Bhalerao <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lorenz

Thanks for the details.
I had a feeling that if heartbeat is not set and AMQP connection is idle
for long time then it will be auto closed, hence heartbeat is set.

Also at the moment qpid broker and my application are running on same linux
machine.

Is it like I dont need heartbeat at all in this case and my 5 AMQP
connections made by listeners will remain alive even if they are idle
forever without heartbeat set? Please suggest.

Thanks
Bhargav

Posted by Lorenz Quack <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Bhargav,