Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2013/06/06 20:25:11 UTC

Switching from SVN to Git

Seems some other projects at the ASF have been switching from SVN to
Git.  How you guys feel about making the switch too?  I know
personally I much prefer using Git to SVN and my main development
model has been using SVN via Git.  Just want to take a poll to see if
any of the ActiveMQ developers would have strong objections to moving
to Git.

--
Hiram Chirino

Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
+1

I was using svn via git for some time as well here

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
No objections! make the switch!

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>wrote:

> Seems some other projects at the ASF have been switching from SVN to
> Git.  How you guys feel about making the switch too?  I know
> personally I much prefer using Git to SVN and my main development
> model has been using SVN via Git.  Just want to take a poll to see if
> any of the ActiveMQ developers would have strong objections to moving
> to Git.
>

> --
> Hiram Chirino
>
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
>
> hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

> blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Cool could you switch your vote officially to +1 so we can close this
thread out?

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Hiram,

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Jim,

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Hiram,

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Jim,

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
If you internet connection is not good, merging the patch between the branch by using SVN could take more than 10 minutes.
I really hate that, even with help of git-svn, I can do some work off line , but it is still pain in ass to merge the patch for trunk to other branches and committed them into svn repository.

Re: Switching from SVN to Git

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
-1

Re: Switching from SVN to Git