Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/07 14:47:34 UTC

Creating a blog engine with templates using Wicket

Hi,

I've used Wordpress for some blogging, but I've never really felt
comfortable with it.

I'd like to create something myself, for my own personal use to begin
with (but there is no reason for me not to make it free (as in
speech). Some thoughts:

- Plugins could be created using Wicket
- I need some way for users to create templates. Now that I think
about it maybe the "template system" could simply be normal HTML-pages
with Wicket markup?

I'm simply looking for some feedback. Does it sound like Wicket is the
tool to go with? (For me it does.) Do you have any suggestions on
things to think about from the beginning when creating something like
this? Is there something like this already?

To start with I'll create something for me. But it's always good to
get some input and maybe it'll help me turn the project in the right
direction from the beginning.

Best regards, Kent

Re: Creating a blog engine with templates using Wicket

Posted by Andrew Lombardi <an...@mysticcoders.com>.
Take a look at the Brix CMS.  All built in Wicket, might be just what
the doctor ordered.

On Aug 7, 2009, at 5:47 AM, Kent Larsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've used Wordpress for some blogging, but I've never really felt
> comfortable with it.
>
> I'd like to create something myself, for my own personal use to begin
> with (but there is no reason for me not to make it free (as in
> speech). Some thoughts:
>
> - Plugins could be created using Wicket
> - I need some way for users to create templates. Now that I think
> about it maybe the "template system" could simply be normal HTML-pages
> with Wicket markup?
>
> I'm simply looking for some feedback. Does it sound like Wicket is the
> tool to go with? (For me it does.) Do you have any suggestions on
> things to think about from the beginning when creating something like
> this? Is there something like this already?
>
> To start with I'll create something for me. But it's always good to
> get some input and maybe it'll help me turn the project in the right
> direction from the beginning.
>
> Best regards, Kent

To our success!

Mystic Coders, LLC | Code Magic | www.mysticcoders.com

ANDREW LOMBARDI | andrew@mysticcoders.com
2321 E 4th St. Ste C-128, Santa Ana CA 92705
ofc: 949-528-6480
fax: 714-782-6024
cell: 714-697-8046
linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewlombardi
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kinabalu

Eco-Tip: Printing e-mails is usually a waste.

This message is for the named person's use only. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use,
  disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.

Re: Creating a blog engine with templates using Wicket

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at brix cms components, and possibly elephas for inspiration...

Martijn

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Kent Larsson<ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've used Wordpress for some blogging, but I've never really felt
> comfortable with it.
>
> I'd like to create something myself, for my own personal use to begin
> with (but there is no reason for me not to make it free (as in
> speech). Some thoughts:
>
> - Plugins could be created using Wicket
> - I need some way for users to create templates. Now that I think
> about it maybe the "template system" could simply be normal HTML-pages
> with Wicket markup?
>
> I'm simply looking for some feedback. Does it sound like Wicket is the
> tool to go with? (For me it does.) Do you have any suggestions on
> things to think about from the beginning when creating something like
> this? Is there something like this already?
>
> To start with I'll create something for me. But it's always good to
> get some input and maybe it'll help me turn the project in the right
> direction from the beginning.
>
> Best regards, Kent

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0

Re: Creating a blog engine with templates using Wicket

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
IT should only be used as a teaser though..

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.