Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Styve Arne <Ar...@hials.no> on 2007/04/20 15:51:23 UTC

Question about maven-source-plugin...

Hi,

The maven-source-plugin creates a JAR of the source code of a project,
right ?

But what if the sourcecode is not found in it's usual place
(....\src\main\java etc.) but instead directly under ....\src ?
And to complicate even more: the source I want to create a JAR for,
should not be compiled by Maven (it is beeing compiled by an Ant-script
called from my POM).
I.e. is there a way to get the sources-JAR created using source-files
from a specified directory other than the directory used by Maven for
compiling ?

Regards
Arne

Re: Question about maven-source-plugin...

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi,

AFAIK, you cannot directly configure the source path in the
source plugin  (thru plugin configuration). However, I think you can set
the
<sourceDirectory> in the <build> section of your project's
pom. The current set up of the source plugin is that it gets the source
roots
from the Maven project you are building. You can file a jira for this in
Codehaus
under the source plugin project if you want this feature :-)

- Deng