Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/07 13:40:53 UTC

release 2.2.1

Hi all,

we from codebusters.es need a release 2.2.1 for one of our client.

I applied some outstanding issue and for the 4 which are still open I am
not sure since I do not have any test case to test and some are more
wishes (like release). ;)

Is there any guideline I should follow to push out the release?

Naturally 2.1.x and 3 should as well be released ASAP, where I see the
2.1 less complicated since it is a maintenance release. However we lost
a bit sight of doing an official c3 release and get a stable version out
there.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: release 2.2.1

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 07/09/2012 13:40, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we from codebusters.es need a release 2.2.1 for one of our client.
>
> I applied some outstanding issue and for the 4 which are still open I
> am not sure since I do not have any test case to test and some are
> more wishes (like release). ;)

Thorsten,
this looks like a very nice news!

> Is there any guideline I should follow to push out the release?

I've only found [1], clearly outdated (Daisy stuff, for example); if you
think it's useful anyway you might also be interested in updating [2].

> Naturally 2.1.x and 3 should as well be released ASAP, where I see the
> 2.1 less complicated since it is a maintenance release. However we
> lost a bit sight of doing an official c3 release and get a stable
> version out there.

IMO, for C3 we can still release a beta1-M1; I was actually waiting for
COCOON3-100 to be fixed: I've reworked the proposed patch for fixing
COCOON3-102 and can apply the same to COCOON3-100 as temporary solution.

Regards.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/1199_1_1.html
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/site/cocoon-main-site/src/site/xdoc/1199_1_1.xml