Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net> on 2000/10/12 17:28:07 UTC

Re: [tomcat-users] Re: Lowercase UPPERCASE

A better approach? you haven't even described the problem:

" We're having problems with linking a LOT of static pages with one of our
webapps because in those pages sometimes the addresses are in lower
sometimes the same addresses are in UPPER case. How can I avoid this case
sensitivity problem in TOMCAT ? "

You want to make tomcat case insensitive?  Does this mean you want to have
a file called ThisIsAWebPage.jsp and have tomcat display it if the url
ends with:  thisisawebpage.jsp ?  Is this for external links to non-tomcat
served files from pages generated by tomcat?  Are you running NT, where
the filesystem is case insensitive?  What do you mean by "linking a LOT of
static pages with one of our webapps"?  If you are putting in the link to
the static page, it should be the correct case, no?

Answer some of these questions, and we will see.  I will declare right
now:
  1) you haven't defined a case sensitivity problem in tomcat.
     (at least to my eyes)
  2) I don't knoww of a case sensitivity problem in tomcat.
  3) If you think that keeping all the files random case, and having
     tomcat hack around to get it to work is a better solution then
     fixing the files going forward....

The solution that Joakim offered is valid, you should offer a better
reason:  ie: I cannot clean up all the files; don't have/know perl;
company policy; etc.

a couple of gigs isn't that much data to run through perl.  and if it's
turns out to be the right solution, better 2gigs then 20gigs, no?

But, please answer the questions above, I think that the list might be
able to find a solution and/or post tomcat code to fix this for you.

Kenneth Topp
---
 to unsubscribe: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
 for more info: http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/mail.html