Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Carel <ma...@pricerunner.com> on 2006/02/15 18:21:51 UTC

Subclassing the contrib:table component

Hi!

I'm trying to subclass the contrib:table component with Tap4. And I
bumped into this error message:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Could not find template
for component Results/resultsTable.tableView in locale en.
[classpath:/com/components/table/MyTable.jwc, line 224, column 48]

And line 224 is where I specify the MyTableView component (defined in my
.application file):

<component id="tableView" type="MyTableView">
        <inherited-binding name="tableModel" parameter-name="tableModel"/>
        <inherited-binding name="source" parameter-name="source"/>
        <inherited-binding name="columns" parameter-name="columns"/>
        <inherited-binding name="pageSize" parameter-name="pageSize"/>
        <inherited-binding name="initialPage" parameter-name="initialPage"/>
        <inherited-binding name="initialSortColumn"
parameter-name="initialSortColumn"/>
        <inherited-binding name="initialSortOrder"
parameter-name="initialSortOrder"/>
        <inherited-binding name="tableSessionStateManager"
parameter-name="tableSessionStateManager"/>
        <inherited-binding name="tableSessionStoreManager"
parameter-name="tableSessionStoreManager"/>
        <inherited-binding name="persist" parameter-name="persist"/>
        <inherited-binding name="columnSettingsContainer"
parameter-name="columnSettingsContainer"/>
        <binding name="element">literal:div</binding>
    </component>

Should I need to specify the component's template location in my
component specification if this template is in the same directory?
Note: I have MyTable.html and MyTableView.html in the same package where
I define my subclassed components.

I also tried to add this line to the MyTableView component specification:

<asset name="$template" path="classpath:MyTableView.html"/>

But then it complains about a parsing error at the end of my MyTableView
spec file :(

Any hints will be appreciated!

/Martin