Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/11/05 03:20:30 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "FullTextIndexWithView" by MartinCzura

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MartinCzura:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FullTextIndexWithView

The comment on the change is:
redirect

+ #redirect Full_text_index_with_view
  I wanted to throw this idea out there to see what people thought.

  There has been a lot of discussion about integrating full text search into couch and possibly implementing full text search in Erlang. Would it be worth investigating the use of CouchDB's !MapReduce functionality to implement a full text indexer? I whipped together a short example using views. It implements a simple white space tokenizer in !JavaScript, emits each token with it's doc id and position, and reduces each token to a list of doc ids and positions.