Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org> on 2010/02/04 14:08:07 UTC

Re: Getting error on xsi:nil attribute while validating against a Schema

I'm not aware of any such bug with Xerces-J.

Though I suspect that, following could be an issue with your XML
schema document:

Your XML instance is in a namespace (which is,
http://www.cadit.it/SI/SIGS534). Your schema should have a
corresponding targetNamespace attribute on xs:schema instruction. [1]

Please see, if the solution [1] can fix this problem. If it doesn't,
could you please try with the newest Apache version of Xerces-J, and
report the results please.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Tevoi Andrea <te...@cad.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> While validating an XML instance against its Schema I’ve got this exception:
>
> cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'xsi:nil' is not allowed to appear in
> element 'CDIP'
>

> Here is the XML istance portion:
>
> <IN02 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns="http://www.cadit.it/SI/SIGS534">
>
> …
>
>             <CDIP xsi:nil="true"/>
>
>             …
>
> </IN02>
>

> Here is the XML Schema portion:
>
> …
>
> <xsd:element name="CDIP" nillable="true" minOccurs="0">
>
> …
>

> Is it a Xerces Bug? (I use Xerces version that comes with JDK 1.5)
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Andrea Tevoi

Mukul Gandhi