Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org> on 2005/11/14 21:45:38 UTC

VelocityTools 1.2 final released

The Jakarta Velocity team is pleased to announce the availability of
Velocity Tools 1.2. This release offers numerous useful new generic
and VelocityView tools, compatibility with Struts 1.2.x, and several
bug fixes. For a complete list of changes, see the change log.

VelocityTools is available in either binary or source form from the
Velocity downloads page:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_velocity.cgi
VelocityTools:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/
Change Log:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/changes.html

Re: VelocityTools 1.2 final released

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/05, Charles Harvey III <ch...@alloy.com> wrote:
> I would like to make a suggestion for 1.3.  For about 3 years now I
> have been using the URLResourceLoader which can be found in
>
>    core/trunk/whiteboard/geir/URLResourceLoader.java
>
> It allows me to load templates from some other location.  Any location
> in fact.  It doesn't have to be on my filesystem or in my webapp.
> It could be, say, on a CDN server like Akami.

using it successfully for 3 years is a pretty hefty endorsement!

> I asked about this a year ago as I was hoping to get this included in
> either 1.4 or (someday) 1.5 of Velocity.  But it was suggested that
> it would be a better fit in VelocityTools.

it certainly would fit better in the more web-oriented Tools project.

> So...
>
> Is there some kind of JIRA that I can add it to?  Thanks a bunch.

yep.  :)

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELTOOLS

Posted by Charles Harvey III <ch...@alloy.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
yeah, i thought it a little odd that a minor version tools release
would catch his interest, but i figured if the guy wants an interview,
why not?

oh, and all credit goes to Daniel Rall for the part about Velocity's goal. :)

Posted by Charles Harvey III <ch...@alloy.com>.
Nice interview Nathan.