Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reynir Hübner <re...@hugsmidjan.is> on 2002/03/23 14:44:44 UTC

mod_jk seems to corrupt JPEGs

Hi,

The strangest thing is happening, some of the jpegs I have in my
application are getting corrupted when they are viewed through Apache
using mod_jk.

What I am trying to say is if I use a normal URL, something like
http://www.host.com/media/img/someimg.jpg I sometimes get corrupted
images, if I on the other hand access tomcat directly (bypass apache and
mod_jk connector) and use a url like this
http://www.host.com:8080/media/img/someimg.jpg the image is OK.

Could anyone tell me what is going on, and if there is a fix for it.

thanx
-reynir@hugsmidjan.is

Re: mod_jk seems to corrupt JPEGs

Posted by Matt Egyhazy <mw...@virginia.edu>.
what do you mean by corrupted?

also, if you are changing the size of the img, using size controls in the
img tag, it might make your image blurry and ugly.

matt

Posted by Jason Hendriks <he...@canada.com>.
You should use Apache to serve static HTML pages and JPGs and files and
whatnot, and use Tomcat purely to handle dynamic content.

That being said, I've never experienced your problem serving images with
Tomcat via mod_jk.