Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Deneux, Christophe" <ch...@capgemini.com> on 2008/05/19 15:29:50 UTC

RE : Dependency licenses

Hi James,

Your plugin is very interresting.

Please, can you add the following features:
  - In the goal "download", can you add a parameter to exclude all dependencies that are not in the final package (all dependencies where the scope is "provided" or "test")
  - Can you add a new goal to check the dependency licences against the current project one. If a licence incompatibility exists, the build will fail. The licence compatibilities will be defined in a xml file available in the plugin classpath ?

Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / Méditerranée
Integration Architect
Tel: + 33 4 93 95 55 92 / www.capgemini.com <http://www.capgemini.com/>
Porte de l'Arénas - Entrée B / 455 Promenade des Anglais / 06200 Nice / FRANCE
Join the Collaborative Business Experience
Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Capgemini encourages environmental awareness.

________________________________

De: James William Dumay [mailto:james@atlassian.com]
Date: dim. 04/05/2008 05:35
À: Maven Users List
Objet : Re: Dependency licenses

Keith,

We are working on something like that at Atlassian right now.

Checkout this plugin:
https://svn.atlassian.com/svn/public/atlassian/maven-plugins/maven-licenses-plugin/trunk/

You would probably be interested in the following two goals:
* List - This goal lists all of the licenses of all transitive
dependencies of your project.
* Download - This goal will download all of the transitive
dependencies of your project.

This plugin is still a work in progress but we hope to make it
available on central shortly.

Cheers
James

On 04/05/2008, at 8:39 AM, Keith Bonawitz wrote:

> Is there a way to create an assembly that includes a license file for
> each dependency (including transitive dependencies)?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Keith,

We are working on something like that at Atlassian right now.

Checkout this plugin:
https://svn.atlassian.com/svn/public/atlassian/maven-plugins/maven-licenses-plugin/trunk/

You would probably be interested in the following two goals:
* List - This goal lists all of the licenses of all transitive
dependencies of your project.
* Download - This goal will download all of the transitive
dependencies of your project.

This plugin is still a work in progress but we hope to make it
available on central shortly.

Cheers
James

On 04/05/2008, at 8:39 AM, Keith Bonawitz wrote:

> Is there a way to create an assembly that includes a license file for
> each dependency (including transitive dependencies)?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message