Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "m.jimen.blazquez" <m....@gmail.com> on 2012/07/24 11:32:45 UTC

ExtendedClassNotFoundException PooledConnectionFactory

Hi!

I am using using camel 2.9.0 with JMS camel component in my application with
ActiveMQ server (works perfectly).

<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
	<property name="connectionFactory">
			<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
		</bean>
	</property>
</bean>

Now, I would want to use the activemq camel component instead of the JMS
camel component. I configure it like this:

<bean id="jms"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
	<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
</bean>

I understand in the documentation that a dependency to the pool connection
factory component is optional, but when I try to start I obtain this error:

org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader                     Context
initialization failed org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to instantiate PooledConnectionFactory:
org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ExtendedClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory in KernelBundleClassLoader:
[bundle=org.apache.activemq.activemq-camel_5.6.0]
	at
org.apache.camel.util.ObjectHelper.wrapRuntimeCamelException(ObjectHelper.java:1196)
	at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.onApplicationEvent(SpringCamelContext.java:122)
	at
org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean.onApplicationEvent(CamelContextFactoryBean.java:240)

I have tried to switch to the 2.10.0 version but maven does not find the jms
component in a higher version than the 2.9.2.

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

kindest regards

Re: ExtendedClassNotFoundException PooledConnectionFactory

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
You have to add a dependency to

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
            <artifactId>activemq-camel</artifactId>
            <version>5.6.0</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
            <artifactId>activemq-pool</artifactId>
            <version>5.6.0</version>
        </dependency>

You can find he camel-jms component for Camel 2.10.0 at:
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.camel|camel-jms|2.10.0|bundle
But we recommend to use the activemq-camel component if you use ActiveMQ.

Best,
Christian

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It looks like you are using OSGi, can you double check if your bundle
imports the package of "org.apache.activemq.pool"

On 7/24/12 5:32 PM, m.jimen.blazquez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using using camel 2.9.0 with JMS camel component in my application with
> ActiveMQ server (works perfectly).
>
> <bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
> 	<property name="connectionFactory">
> 		<bean class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
> 			<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
> 		</bean>
> 	</property>
> </bean>
>
> Now, I would want to use the activemq camel component instead of the JMS
> camel component. I configure it like this:
>
> <bean id="jms"
> class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
> 	<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
> </bean>
>
> I understand in the documentation that a dependency to the pool connection
> factory component is optional, but when I try to start I obtain this error:
>

> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader                     Context
> initialization failed org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to instantiate PooledConnectionFactory:
> org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ExtendedClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory in KernelBundleClassLoader:
> [bundle=org.apache.activemq.activemq-camel_5.6.0]
> 	at
> org.apache.camel.util.ObjectHelper.wrapRuntimeCamelException(ObjectHelper.java:1196)
> 	at
> org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.onApplicationEvent(SpringCamelContext.java:122)
> 	at
> org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean.onApplicationEvent(CamelContextFactoryBean.java:240)
>
> I have tried to switch to the 2.10.0 version but maven does not find the jms
> component in a higher version than the 2.9.2.
>
> Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
> kindest regards

Willem
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com