Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/27 18:43:15 UTC

Weekly hangout notes

Not sure if we ever shared this, but here is the weekly hangout notes that
includes what we talked about today:

Participants: Harri Kinnunen, Jacques Nadeau, Timothy Chen, Francisco
Freire, Ben Becker, Alec Ten Harmsel, Steven Philips

   -

   Jacques working on better integration of schema with Optiq/JDBC,
   Streaming aggregate, improving basic optimizer
   -

   Tim worked on JSONStorageEngine, and started on Limit Opereator
   -

   Ben worked on MergeSort on single record batches, seeing bugs in
   multiple schema changes
   -

   Lisen is looking into client reconnection problem, working on Semi-join
   (Bit vector) or Hash join based on Off-heap hash map index. Jacques said he
   worked on a Concurrent hashmap using off-heap memory and will try to dig
   that up. Can also look at Columnar sort using Radix sort.
   -

   Steven Phillips worked on packaging, creating deb, rpm packages
   -

   Harri continues to work on architecture documentation, and installation
   instructions
   -

   Watch out for batches materialization, where Jacques found issues that
   after serialization value vector read expressions are pointing to outgoing
   batch column info instead of incoming
   -

   Jira has issues tagged with Alpha, and please verify the issues and
   add/remove any as fit
   -

   Still need to discuss more about Alpha messaging next week.

For people interested in contributing to Drill and/or wants to know the
latest development progress, we hangout every tuesday morning 9am PST for
discussions and updates.

Tim

Re: Weekly hangout notes

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the very nice synopsis Tim!