Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Guillaume Renault <gu...@bull.net> on 2009/01/22 13:24:28 UTC

Use of CXF on camel

Hi Camel users,

I'm a new user, and you may hear from me sometime ;)
i'm trying to use CXF as an access point on Camel. some questions are
crossing my mind:

   1. Is it possible to just have annotated classes (Interface +
      implementation) and let Camel exposes it as a webservice, without
      any more information ? is it even possible to give Camel a simple
      POJO without any annotation ?
   2. If yes, what is the right procedure ? I'm not using spring, and
      i'm working in an OSGi environment, as i'm integrating Camel into
      JOnAS 5.1.X.

      Do i need to first declare a CxfComponent, and then create an
      Endpoint, and give it the service class ?
      Do i need to just use the following :

      Object implementor = new SayHello();
      String address = "http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms";
      Endpoint endpoint = Endpoint.publish(address, implementor);

      Or maybe something else ...

      ?

Btw, i'll have to talk with you about Camel on OSGi, i did have to do
some extends to make it correctly works ;), but it will come latter.

Regards,

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Renault - BULL Service
BULL - Architect of an Open World

Re: Use of CXF on camel

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Please see my comments in the mail.
Guillaume Renault wrote:
> Hi Camel users,
>
> I'm a new user, and you may hear from me sometime ;)
> i'm trying to use CXF as an access point on Camel. some questions are
> crossing my mind:
>
>    1. Is it possible to just have annotated classes (Interface +
>       implementation) and let Camel exposes it as a webservice, without
>       any more information ? is it even possible to give Camel a simple
>       POJO without any annotation ?
 Yes, Current camel-cxf component can support both annotated classes and
POJO without any annotation.
camel-cxf will check the SEI (Service Endpoint Interface), if it has the
@WebService annotation, camel-cxf will use the JAXWS frontend API to
publish the service or create a proxy of the web services, if it hasn't
any annotation camel-cxf will use simple front end API to those things.
>    2. If yes, what is the right procedure ? I'm not using spring, and
>       i'm working in an OSGi environment, as i'm integrating Camel into
>       JOnAS 5.1.X.
Please take go through the camel-cxf wiki page[1][2] first.

>       Do i need to first declare a CxfComponent, and then create an
>       Endpoint, and give it the service class ?
No, you just need to use a URI to specify the CXF endpoint, the Spring
configuration is not required.
>       Do i need to just use the following :
>
>       Object implementor = new SayHello();
>       String address = "http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms";
>       Endpoint endpoint = Endpoint.publish(address, implementor);
>
>       Or maybe something else ...
>
>       ?
No, you don't need to create the endpoint yourself. camel-cxf component
will take care of that.
You can find more information in the cxf exmaple[2].

> Btw, i'll have to talk with you about Camel on OSGi, i did have to do
> some extends to make it correctly works ;), but it will come latter.

Please shot if you find anything wrong :)

> Regards,
>
> Guillaume
>
> --
> Guillaume Renault - BULL Service