Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Wayne Song <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 20:11:09 UTC

Connect to two different HDFS servers with different usernames

Is there any way to get data from HDFS (e.g. with sc.textFile) with two
separate usernames in the same Spark job?  For instance, if I have a file on
hdfs-server-1.com and the alice user has permission to view it, and I have a
file on hdfs-server-2.com and the bob user has permission to view it, I'd
like to be able to do something like:

Is there any way to do something like this?  Or can Spark only connect to
HDFS with the same username that it's running as?