Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Scott Dunn <sc...@mac.com> on 2004/08/03 14:13:01 UTC

How to change the home page?

I would like to change the home page to be a page that is not called 'Home'. The book alludes to being able to do this but doesn't explain how to and I can't find it in any documentation/FAQ or on this list.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Scott.

Re: How to change the home page?

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I had a similar desire, but I wasn't able to change the name of the Home
page trivially.  (I suppose one could always override the Home service...
the source code HomeService.java even has a comment, "This is the most
likely candidate for overriding.")  But for a quick work-around, I found
that it was easy to set up Home as an alias to some other page.  I created a
Home.page file that pointed to a different page's class and template:

<!-- Home is an alias for the EmployeeList page, same template and
class. -->
<page-specification class="....EmployeeList">

    <context-asset name="$template" path="WEB-INF/EmployeeList.html"/>

    <!-- Duplicate the property and component declarations of the other
page. -->
    <property-specification name="employee" type="model.Employee"/>
    <!-- ... -->

</page-specification>

The ugly part is the need to paste the property and component specs from the
target page. It would be nice to hear a better way, but this is working.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You can override the home service to make it do what you want.

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:12:04 -0400, Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com> wrote:
> That's an improvement, thx.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry