Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/05 19:05:03 UTC

Re: Messages missing from Nabble

L.S.,

Since there doesn't appear to be a good solution to this problem when
the user is not subscribed to the forums, we probably have to
collectively keep an eye on
http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/ServiceMix-User-f396123.html to
pick up any messages that are not getting through.  I just did that
for a few new ones that were sent to the forums over the last few
days.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

With the recent addition to our family, I took me a little longer to
get this addressed.  We have received note from apmail@ that the list
moderators have been changed.  It looks like that fixes the Nabble
issue, I just got a note to moderate
http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/not-able-to-read-config-file-from-java-code-within-a-bundle-td1727886.html#a1727886
which was posted from Nabble and it now appeared on the mailing list
correctly.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
What is the state here?

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: Messages missing from Nabble

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: Messages missing from Nabble

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Guillaume,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Who's moderating users@servicemix.apache.org btw ? I don't receive any
moderation request for this mailing list.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 19:05, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
>
> Since there doesn't appear to be a good solution to this problem when
> the user is not subscribed to the forums, we probably have to
> collectively keep an eye on
> http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/ServiceMix-User-f396123.html to
> pick up any messages that are not getting through.  I just did that
> for a few new ones that were sent to the forums over the last few
> days.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
>

> On 28 June 2010 18:15, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> L.S.,
>>
>> Last week, we noticed that some messages posted in Nabble didn't end
>> up in the mailing lists.  If you look at the example below, you'll
>> notice that this reponse did get through from Nabble, but the original
>> question never appeared on the mailing list.
>>
>> I've asked Nabble Support about this and here's their reply:
>> //quote
>> Hi Gert, this probably happened because the user was not subscribed to
>> the mailing list. The user who replied to that message was a
>> subscriber, so his/her posts could finally get through the list. There
>> is no way for Nabble to check if the user is subscribed or not, so we
>> must trust in the user.
>> //end quote
>>
>> Is there an option to find these mails in a moderation queue at
>> Apache?  I think it's really problematic if mails to Nabble don't end
>> up in the mailing lists, even if the user is notified about the fact
>> that he/she needs to subscribe to the list while sending the message.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/