Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Domsch <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/14 09:19:39 UTC

Influence property substitution

Hi,

we are facing an awkward problem with property substitution. The following part is in our cargo-maven2-plugin configuration:

…
<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <configuration>
        <container>
          <systemProperties>
            <dbUrl>jdbc:derby:${basedir}/target/database/Repository1.db;create=true</dbUrl>
          </systemProperties>
        </container>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

What is done here, is configuring the derby driver. This works fine under all *nix systems. In windows environments there is a very bad case. ${baseDir} gets substituted with the absolute path using File.separator (\). Derby takes that string literally and if the path contains path segments that happen to start with a t or an r the url is not usable anymore, since it now contains tabs or line feeds (\t or \r).

I am not sure how to circumvent that problem, since it seems to be a core maven mechanism that is not to be tampered with.

Any ideas to work around that problem are highly appreciated.

Christian

Re: Influence property substitution

Posted by Arnaud bourree <ar...@gmail.com>.
Could ${ project.baseUri} help you?