Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Alex Orlov via user <us...@shiro.apache.org> on 2022/11/24 08:14:12 UTC

Shiro 2.0 questions

Hello. Could anyone answer the following questions:

*  Can current Shiro 2.0-SHAPSHOT use used in production (we need it only for servlets and REST)
*  When will Shiro 2.0 be released?

--
Best regards, Alex Orlov

Re: Shiro 2.0 questions

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Ha yes! Thanks for corrected me Lenny!!

Writing a message in early day without coffee should not be authorized >_<

On 24/11/2022 10:34, lenny@flowlogix.com wrote:
> I think François meant that the SNAPSHOT is *not* recommended in
> production.
> Please confirm :)
>
>> On Nov 24, 2022, at 3:26 AM, fpapon <fp...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> It's recommended to use a SNAPSHOT in production and the 2.x version
>> is not already finished.
>>
>> For the released date, we need to have a discussion into the team to
>> define what we want to put in this first release because the big part
>> is about api breaking changes, so we need to well documented the
>> migration guide.for
>>
>> Can you explain more which part of 2.0 for Servlets and REST do you
>> need vs 1.x?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Francois
>>
>> On 24/11/2022 09:14, Alex Orlov via user wrote:
>>> Hello. Could anyone answer the following questions:
>>>
>>>  1. Can current Shiro 2.0-SHAPSHOT use used in production (we need
>>>     it only for servlets and REST)
>>>  2. When will Shiro 2.0 be released?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards, Alex Orlov
>> --
>> --
>> François

Re: Shiro 2.0 questions

Posted by le...@flowlogix.com.

Re: Shiro 2.0 questions

Posted by fpapon <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

It's recommended to use a SNAPSHOT in production and the 2.x version is
not already finished.

For the released date, we need to have a discussion into the team to
define what we want to put in this first release because the big part is
about api breaking changes, so we need to well documented the migration
guide.for

Can you explain more which part of 2.0 for Servlets and REST do you need
vs 1.x?

regards,

Francois

On 24/11/2022 09:14, Alex Orlov via user wrote:
> Hello. Could anyone answer the following questions:
>
>  1. Can current Shiro 2.0-SHAPSHOT use used in production (we need it
>     only for servlets and REST)
>  2. When will Shiro 2.0 be released?
>
> --
> Best regards, Alex Orlov