Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 20:28:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Tapestry 5 book

Hello folks,

I am pleased to announce a new Tapestry 5 book. The book is written in
German and is available as eBook on publisher's website:

http://www.addison-wesley.de/main/main.asp?page=home/bookdetails&ProductID=174975

The hardcover version of the book will be available starting from Sep 28
2009.
I'll make another announcement when the hardcover version is released.

Among other things the book covers :
   * Getting Started with Tapestry 5
   * Concepts of the framework
   * Localization/internationalization
   * Creating Forms
   * Generation of user interfaces for JavaBeans
   * Writing own components and mixins
   * Ajax
   * Writing tests for Tapestry applications
   * Hibernate and Spring integration
   * Dependency Injection and Tapestry IoC
   * AOP and bytecode manipuation

Special thanks go to Howard and Ulrich Stärk. Howard gave me some hints on
how to write a better book and wrote a foreword.
Ulrich was responsible for the technical review of the book and helped me to
improve the quality.

Enjoy

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Tapestry 5 book

Posted by cleverpig <gr...@gmail.com>.
seem like

--
cleverpig(Dan)
Location: Beijing

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Tapestry 5 book

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.
Same here, but I came to my senses when my friend reminded me that my German is limited to high school level - "Herr Ober, zahlen bitte" :D

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolaos Konstantinou <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
+3 (at least)

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
+1

Igor Drobiazko ha scritto:
> Good news. My publisher made the first step towards the translation. They
> contacted several publishers outside Germany to find one that is interested
> in translation. If some of them is interested then we will have the english
> version of the book.
>
> If you want to help me to make the translation possible make some noise
> here. The more comments here the more likely we will have a translation.
> I'll keep you informed about the progress.
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce a new Tapestry 5 book. The book is written in
>> German and is available as eBook on publisher's website:
>>

>> http://www.addison-wesley.de/main/main.asp?page=home/bookdetails&ProductID=174975
>>

>> The hardcover version of the book will be available starting from Sep 28
>> 2009.
>> I'll make another announcement when the hardcover version is released.
>>
>> Among other things the book covers :
>>    * Getting Started with Tapestry 5
>>    * Concepts of the framework
>>    * Localization/internationalization
>>    * Creating Forms
>>    * Generation of user interfaces for JavaBeans
>>    * Writing own components and mixins
>>    * Ajax
>>    * Writing tests for Tapestry applications
>>    * Hibernate and Spring integration
>>    * Dependency Injection and Tapestry IoC
>>    * AOP and bytecode manipuation
>>
>> Special thanks go to Howard and Ulrich Stärk. Howard gave me some hints on
>> how to write a better book and wrote a foreword.
>> Ulrich was responsible for the technical review of the book and helped me
>> to improve the quality.
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Igor Drobiazko

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Tapestry 5 book

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
+1

Igor Drobiazko ha scritto:
> Good news. My publisher made the first step towards the translation. They
> contacted several publishers outside Germany to find one that is interested
> in translation. If some of them is interested then we will have the english
> version of the book.
>
> If you want to help me to make the translation possible make some noise
> here. The more comments here the more likely we will have a translation.
> I'll keep you informed about the progress.
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce a new Tapestry 5 book. The book is written in
>> German and is available as eBook on publisher's website:
>>

>> http://www.addison-wesley.de/main/main.asp?page=home/bookdetails&ProductID=174975
>>

>> The hardcover version of the book will be available starting from Sep 28
>> 2009.
>> I'll make another announcement when the hardcover version is released.
>>
>> Among other things the book covers :
>>    * Getting Started with Tapestry 5
>>    * Concepts of the framework
>>    * Localization/internationalization
>>    * Creating Forms
>>    * Generation of user interfaces for JavaBeans
>>    * Writing own components and mixins
>>    * Ajax
>>    * Writing tests for Tapestry applications
>>    * Hibernate and Spring integration
>>    * Dependency Injection and Tapestry IoC
>>    * AOP and bytecode manipuation
>>
>> Special thanks go to Howard and Ulrich Stärk. Howard gave me some hints on
>> how to write a better book and wrote a foreword.
>> Ulrich was responsible for the technical review of the book and helped me
>> to improve the quality.
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Igor Drobiazko

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Tapestry 5 book

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1

eagerly waiting

-Borut

Posted by Onno Scheffers <on...@piraya.nl>.
Definite purchase for me!

Posted by Paulo Marcelo <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Paulo Marcelo

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask
remains a fool forever.

Chinese Proverb

Posted by Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
I hereby promise to buy 2 books :)

Posted by Magnus Rundberget <ru...@me.com>.
Definitely

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
big +1 !!! Keep us in the loop, send the preorders link as soon as it's
available !!!

Cheers,

Alex K

Posted by Jonhy Pear <jo...@gmail.com>.
great news!

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
+1!

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
awesome !!!

Posted by Francisco Manzano <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1  ;)

Posted by Antonio Fernández <am...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alfonso Quiroga <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by keykubat <sa...@gmail.com>.
:) +1

Posted by Melidramo <a5...@kochira.com>.
+1 client of the English version.

But please,  check the translation yourself before it is published...

Posted by "Yeargan, Yancey" <ya...@unt.edu>.
+1

I will gladly buy the book in English.

Yancey

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi Max,

I'm happy you like the book so far. It is nice to get some positive
feedback.
I guess you can download the CD content from publishers website. There is a
link called "Buch CD/DVD" just bellow the book cover.

Alternatively you can checkout the sources or download WAR-files from here:
http://code.google.com/p/tapestrybook/

The java sources are packed into the WAR-files so that you can import them
as web projects into your IDE.

Posted by "Max Weißböck (info)" <ma...@weissboeck.info>.

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Hi,

If this ever gets published in English we will buy one copy for sure, so
pleeeease :)

 - Ville

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

StreamResponse on Success

Posted by jose luis sanchez <jo...@m-centric.com>.
Hi all.
I've found myself a problem in an application i've developed using T5.1

There's a page, with 2 datefields, ( From / To ), and a Submit.

The Submit button calls the  StreamResponse onSuccess() method  ,
returning a CVS file with a list of records.

But i'd like to show a label with the total records output, but it looks
likes there's no page refresh , so the total value is not updated.

Any help on this ?

Thanks.

/*** tml ***/

 <t:form t:id="exportCDRForm">
     <t:errors/>
format="dd/MM/yyyy"/></td>
format="dd/MM/yyyy"/></td>
t:id="createbutton" value="export"/></td>
        <t:if test="total">
            <hr/>
transactions</h2></div>
        </t:if>
             </t:form>

/**** java ****/
@Property
private int total;

StreamResponse onSuccess() {

        List <HSITransaction> transactionList =
theSession.createCriteria(HSITransaction.class)
        .add(Restrictions.ge("transactionDate", fromDate))
        .add(Restrictions.le("transactionDate", toDate))
        .list();
        total = transactionList.size();
        if (total > 0) {
            try {
                return exportCSV(transactionList);
            } catch (Exception e) {
                theForm.recordError("Sorry, there was an error exporting
CDR's :"+e.getMessage());
            }
        } else theForm.recordError("Sorry, there was no data to export");
        return null;

    }

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Tapestry 5 book

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I can't promise anything but I'll try to make it possible.
Some time ago I discussed the translation of the book with the publisher.
They said it is possible but to early to make some promises.
So I'll ask them again and report the result.

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.