Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by agrz <al...@medisite.de> on 2015/03/16 16:37:56 UTC

Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Hi,

I am a little bit confused what is the OSGi Specification Version supported
in Karaf 3.0.3.
On the main page (http://karaf.apache.org/) it states Karaf 3.x supports
OSGi 4.3.
On the dependency matrix page
(http://karaf.apache.org/index/documentation/karaf-dependencies/karaf-deps-3.0.x.html)
it shows OSGi Core is Version 5.0.0 and the felix version is 4.2.1 which
should also support OSGi 5 as far as I know.
What is the exact version of OSGi Framework Karaf 3.0.3 supports and is
tested for?

Thank You
Alexander

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

as reminder, K4 is plan for end of April.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by Arnaud Deprez <ar...@gmail.com>.
I'd rather would like to see K4 released too but I don't know when it will
be planned.
As far as I know there are still lot of work to do for a K4 release.
As I'm not (yet) involved in it, it's a supposition based on the changelog
:-).

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Arnaud,

if we move this way, it would make sense to go to Karaf 3.1.x as it's a
major "update" on K3.

But I think it makes sense.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB

On 03/17/2015 01:42 PM, Arnaud Deprez wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> I think it makes sense to upgrade the felix framework in K3 at least to
> be aligned with K2.4.Z in order to avoid confusion.
> Or maybe K3 won't have any improvements and all the effort should be
> concentrated on K4.
> I think the documentation should be clearer for this topic, shouldn't it ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Arnaud

> <ma...@medisite.de>>:
>
>     Thank you for the Clarification.
>     Alex
>

>     --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by Arnaud Deprez <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by agrz <al...@medisite.de>.

Re: Karaf 3.0.3 OSGi Version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Alex,

Felix 4.2.1 doesn't have full OSGi r5 support, even if it supports most
of the features (it just didn't go through the different validation).

So K3 with Felix 4.2.1 is full OSGi r4.3, and mostly r5 compliant. If
you use Equinox, you have full r5 supports.
Could make sense to upgrade the Felix framework version to have full r5
support.

Regards
JB

On 03/16/2015 04:37 PM, agrz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a little bit confused what is the OSGi Specification Version supported
> in Karaf 3.0.3.
> On the main page (http://karaf.apache.org/) it states Karaf 3.x supports
> OSGi 4.3.
> On the dependency matrix page
> (http://karaf.apache.org/index/documentation/karaf-dependencies/karaf-deps-3.0.x.html)
> it shows OSGi Core is Version 5.0.0 and the felix version is 4.2.1 which
> should also support OSGi 5 as far as I know.
> What is the exact version of OSGi Framework Karaf 3.0.3 supports and is
> tested for?
>
> Thank You
> Alexander

Jean-Baptiste Onofré