Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2014/03/18 09:49:22 UTC

Strange EAR issue and versioning

Hi,
I've been banging my head today with a strange kind of error.

I have quite a large multimodule project which in the end produces an ear
with several skinny wars.

Lets say I version all my modules 6.6.6
i clean out .m2 repository and build the project, do a mvn tomee:run in the
ear module and it works fine.

Then I reversion all my modules to 6.6.6-SNAPSHOT and clean out the .m2
respository and build again.

this time, when I do a mvn tomee:run I observes several

javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: ParsedName{path=EntityFacade,
component=EntityFacade}
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:148)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:158)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:158)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NameNode.bind(NameNode.java:164)

I really do not know what happens....

It seems that the app works fine, though....

TomEE version(plus) and tomee-maven-plugin both 1.6.0

br hw

Re: Strange EAR issue and versioning

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
There is something related to hashcode behing it so maybe a conflict
without another path.

No more idea while not seeing it from my eyes :(

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
I noticed one thing.

The error exists in shell only.

the target/apache-tomee/logs/catalina.xxxx-xx-xx.log does not.

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi,
I tried to reproduce in another project (Im not in liberty to expose my
production environment) but have no luck yet.

I will continue trying but it may take some time so maybe you'll experience
thread necromancy ;-)

If anyone have an idea what might cause such an issue, I would be most
grateful.

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
I'll see if i can get a smaller project up and running this afternoon.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm, can you share a project reproducing it?

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 18, 2014 5:11 AM, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 6.6.6 is a bad number and tomee doesn't like it ;)

+1 Romain :-)

Re: Strange EAR issue and versioning

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

6.6.6 is a bad number and tomee doesn't like it ;)

more seriously did you check with several versions to see if it is a
"no luck bug"?

tomee should be cleaned up too i guess (work dir at least)