Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com> on 2000/02/05 00:51:12 UTC

Deferred Element Definition

Jason Crickmer has been running into a problem using the deferred DOM.

Apparently with an entity defined as:

<!ENTITY fname "Jason">

and a reference defines as <body>Hello &fname;,</body> the deferred
document generates a DeferredElementDefinition instead of a
DeferredElement or Element.

ui.DOMTreeFull attempts to construct the tree and match the node type
based on an array, and since ELEMENT_DEFINITION_NODE is not part of the
node type it supports, it throws an array index out of bounds exception.

Has anyone looked into this problem?

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org

Re: Deferred Element Definition

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
I will repeat after you:

WE NEED A BUG TRACKING SYSTEM -- NOW!

He reported the problem directly to me, I tracked it down to the faulty
line and have no clue how to proceed. I'm afraid of breaking something
that might be required for DOM L2 support.

So I'm asking if someone knows what, why and how to fix it.

arkin

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Yep... I was just about to do so... I just downloaded BugZilla and i'm
going to install it on my machine here (so, if I screw up something,
it's not going to hurt anyone!).
Then I'll move the installation over to xml.apache.org...

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: Deferred Element Definition

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.