Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by ru...@us.ibm.com on 2000/07/05 21:35:32 UTC

Interminable Javadoc messages...

Is it just me, or does Javadoc seem overly verbose...even without the
verbose option turned on!  This has annoyed me for a while, but it really
becomes an issue with a multi-project nightly build.

I've just committed a change which filters Javadoc output.  Actually, what
it does is downgrades the message priority to "Generating" messages to
VERBOSE unless they immediately precede an informational message (currently
defined as anything that does not start with "Generating" or "Building").

If anybody has any objections or better ideas, please let me know.

- Sam Ruby