Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/08/15 13:06:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Commons RNG 1.1.

The Apache Commons RNG open source software library provides a collection of
implementations of random numbers generators.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/download_rng.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
the above location when downloading the release.

Alternatively the release components can be pulled via maven:
----
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-rng-client-api</artifactId>
  <version>1.1</version>
----
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-rng-core</artifactId>
  <version>1.1</version>
----
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-rng-sampling</artifactId>
  <version>1.1</version>
----
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-rng-simple</artifactId>
  <version>1.1</version>
----

The release notes can be reviewed at:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

For complete information on Commons RNG, including instructions on how to
submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
Commons RNG website:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/

Also consider viewing our userguide:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/userguide/index.html

Best regards,
Rob Tompkins
on behalf of the Apache Commons Community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
Not a problem. Will try to cut the 3.8 [lang] RC1 tonight.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hello.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:46:14 +0100, thc202@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On 15/08/18 14:06, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> "the *commons-rng-parent-1.1* release!" should be changed to "Apache
> Commons RNG 1.1" ?

Right; good catch!
Please file a report at
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/COMMONSSITE

[I guess this is automatically picked up from the POM but should
be adapted to modular components.]

Thanks,
Gilles

Posted by th...@gmail.com.