Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Dragan Simic <ds...@urc.bl.ac.yu> on 2003/08/08 16:40:38 UTC

New apache.org mirror

I've set up a new apache.org mirror, so please add it to
the mirrors list. Details about it are as follows:

MIRRORTYPE: www/ftp
     ftp://apache.urc.bl.ac.yu/
ADMIN NAME: Dragan Simic
ADMIN EMAIL: dsimic@urc.bl.ac.yu
PHYSICAL LOCATION: Banja Luka, RS, Bosnia and Herzegovina
OTHER DETAILS: IP based virtual www hosting;
               IP address for apache.urc.bl.ac.yu is 195.252.66.133

Thanks!

--

.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Pozdrav / Best Wishes,     dsimic@urc.bl.ac.yu  | LL   The Choice of       |

Re: missing mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08/08/2003, at 07:10, Panagiotis Christias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> our mirror is not listed on http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ anymore.
> Can you add it again? Here is our mirror info:

Looks good. It's included now. Thanks.

Cheers,
Erik

missing mirror

Re: New apache.org mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08/08/2003, at 08:19, Dragan Simic wrote:

> Sure thing, but this is the current configuration:
>
> <Directory "<directory>">
>     AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
>     Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>     IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst ScanHTMLTitles
> DescriptionWidth=*
>     HeaderName HEADER.html
>     ReadmeName README.html
>     Order Allow,Deny
>     Allow from All
> </Directory>

Looks correct but perhaps there is a .htaccess somewhere above the
rsynced directory? Or another setting in your httpd.conf which also
affects this directory? I tried several combinations but to reproduce
the behaviour of your mirror, I had to use the following setup with 1.3:

+ path/to/doc-root

   + .htaccess with AddDescription "HTTP Server project" *
   + mirror-dir

     + ant
     + apr
     + ...

I also verified the mirrored .htaccess files on your host and they are
completely fine...

As said, this is somewhat confusing and misleading for the users,
although it doesn't really affect the usefullness of the mirror. I've
included it now but it would be nice if you could have another look and
perhaps figure out what is causing this.

Cheers,
Erik

Re: New apache.org mirror

Posted by Dragan Simic <ds...@urc.bl.ac.yu>.

Re: New apache.org mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08/08/2003, at 04:40, Dragan Simic wrote:

> I've set up a new apache.org mirror, so please add it to
> the mirrors list. Details about it are as follows:

Okay, looks almost good so far. I'll add it with the next update but
please also have a look at your configuration.

Especially the settings of AddDescription seem to be somewhat out of
order: all directories without an assigned description get the
description "HTTP Server project" which can be very confusing and
misleading for our users. It would be nice if you could fix this.

Thanks and cheers,
Erik