Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by goat <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 04:28:36 UTC

dynamically loading the stylesheet has bad performance

hi,

     I use SAXON as following for dynamically loading the stylesheet
according to PropertyExpression:
    Case1:
   <saxon:xslt service="test:xslt-dynamic" endpoint="endpoint">
    <saxon:expression>
    <bean class="org.apache.servicemix.expression.PropertyExpression">
      <property name="property" value="xslt.source" />
    </bean>
    </saxon:expression>
   </saxon:xslt>

     It was found that the performance was very bad while big load on it.

     But when I replace it with statically loading as following:
     Case2:
     <saxon:xslt service="test:xslt" endpoint="endpoint"
            resource="classpath:transform.xsl" />
     It was found that the performance is improved dramaticlly!

     It seems that SAXON load stylesheet everytime even if the xsl is same
in Case1.

     Could anyone help me explain this?
     Thanks!

Re: dynamically loading the stylesheet has bad performance

Posted by "ajs6f@virginia.edu" <aj...@virginia.edu>.

Re: dynamically loading the stylesheet has bad performance

Posted by goat <go...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks.
Is there any configuration for forcing Saxon loading stylesheets only
once(cache them in memory)?

Re: dynamically loading the stylesheet has bad performance

Posted by "ajs6f@virginia.edu" <aj...@virginia.edu>.