Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by webdev1977 <we...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 18:33:25 UTC

How to build nutch 1.3 without an internet connection

I need the ability to build nutch 1.3 with ANT without being connected to the
internet (looks like ivy is used to download dependent libs).  Is this
possible? What do I have to modify to make this happen?

Thanks!!

Re: How to build nutch 1.3 without an internet connection

Posted by webdev1977 <we...@gmail.com>.
I won't when I start making code changes :-)  How can I compile/deploy just
my plugin changes without internet.  I don't want to make any changes to the
core code, but I have had to do that in the past.  And doing it "off the
network" seems like it might be a PIA?

Re: How to build nutch 1.3 without an internet connection

Posted by Kirby Bohling <ki...@gmail.com>.
The other obvious answer is to get Ivy to resolve the dependencies to
the cache while you have an internet connection, and then run the
build should run offline just fine.  I know Maven has an explicit
offline mode to avoid the cache updates.  I assume that Ivy has
something similar.

I don't know enough about Ivy to tell you how to do this offhand, but
I'm pretty sure there is an Ivy task for resolving dependencies in the
Ant build file.

Kirby

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.