Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Zhang, Peng" <pz...@telenav.cn> on 2006/07/27 10:57:06 UTC

An exception, would anybody tell me the reason?

Hi , I deployed a app in tomcat, and monitored this with thread dump.

Now I get an exception as below. Who can tell me the possible reason.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

"TP-Processor275" daemon prio=5 tid=0x04889210 nid=0xdfa2 runnable
[cbdff000..cbe019c8]
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.canonicalize(UnixFileSystem.java:154)
        at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:513)
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.file(FileDirContext.java:831)
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.getAttributes(FileDirContext.
java:432)
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.BaseDirContext.getAttributes(BaseDirContext.
java:748)
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.revalidate(ProxyDirContext.j
ava:1448)
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.cacheLookup(ProxyDirContext.
java:1401)
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.lookup(ProxyDirContext.java:
279)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.getResource(ApplicationConte
xt.java:496)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade.getResource(Applicatio
nContextFacade.java:176)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getResource(JspCompilationContex
t.java:233)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:520)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:501)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.ja
va:509)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:295)
        - locked <0xd9c907a8> (a
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:237)
        at
erChain.java:157)
        at
com.telenav.common.web.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodin
gFilter.java:83)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:186)
        at
erChain.java:157)
        at
e.java:214)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCon
textValve.java:198)
        at
e.java:152)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
        at
:137)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
        at
:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:102)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
        at
java:109)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:300)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:374)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:743)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
675)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)
        at
.java:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

答复: 答复: An exception, would anybody tell me the reason?

Posted by "Zhang, Peng" <pz...@telenav.cn>.
Chris
Thanks for replying.
The thread dump is created in product server which I can't access directly.
What u see is just part of snapshot for the stack when the server hang. I have no idea of what happened as well, so I will ask the one in charge of server for more info.
Maybe the problem will be solved when I know more, maybe I will ask you again. Anyway, thank you for your help.

> Thank u, it seems I misunderstood the meaning of thread dump.
> The thread dump was created when the tomcat hang, could you find any clue of the reason?

What you gave was was called a "stack trace". Stack traces are generated
when exceptions are thrown but not caught (they are caught by the Java
VM and generally printed to standard output) or when a thread dump is
requested.

If you got a thread dump, then you must have requested one. As I recall,
there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the dump you showed.

Why don't you tell us more about what is happening?

-chris

Re: 答复: An exception, would anybody tell me the reason?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Peng,

Posted by "Zhang, Peng" <pz...@telenav.cn>.
Thank u, it seems I misunderstood the meaning of thread dump.
The thread dump was created when the tomcat hang, could you find any clue of the reason?

Best Regards

pzhang 张鹏

Server Dept.

Telenav Shanghai Inc.