Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alok Bhandari <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/05 08:59:11 UTC

Search for abc AND *foo* return all docs for abc which do not have foo why?

Hello,

If I Search for abc AND *foo* return all docs for abc which do not have foo
why? I suspect that if the * is present on both the side of a word then that
word is ignored. Is it the correct interpretation? I am using solr 3.6 and
field uses StandardTokenizer.

Re: Search for abc AND *foo* return all docs for abc which do not have foo why?

Posted by Alok Bhandari <al...@gmail.com>.
It is my mistake, the field which I was referring to was non existing so this
effect is shown. Sorry for the stupid question I have asked :-)