Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jonathan Bergh <be...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/17 13:59:05 UTC

Why does NB start gradle 7

Hi,

Quick question on Gradle config in NB12.4. Seems NB starts Gradle 7 (at
least on my machine) by default every time NB starts up. In my Options ->
Java -> Gradle config, the default version is set to 6.2.1 and also prefer
gradle wrapper for individual projects.

The problem is Gradle 7 means some gradle projects don't load properly.
Selecting Clean and Build *seems *to build with the wrapper, but i *also* get
a popup complaining about Gradle 7 not being able to find certain plugins
(only available in the lower 6.2.1 version).

Is there a default gradle conf in /etc/netbeans.conf or somewhere else?

I have removed my GRADLE_HOME env var so that doesn't interfere.

Thanks for any info in advance
Rgds
Jon

Re: Why does NB start gradle 7

Posted by Jonathan Bergh <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your points - yes I changed the wrapper - that points to the
correct Gradle.

Hi Lazlo,

That will be it i think. Thanks for that, I didnt know JDK 16 would force
Gradle 7. Thanks for that.

Appreciated
Regards
Jon