Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Gur Eitan <gu...@axismobile.com> on 2005/06/21 14:03:59 UTC

Uploading file with a name containing non-ascii chars

Hi

I'm trying to use the UploadedFile class to upload files. It works great
until I try to upload a file with a name containing non-ascii chars
(Spanish chars for example).

I can have 2 copies of the same file - one with only ascii chars in the
filename, and one with non-ascii chars, but only the ascii named file
succeeds the upload.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks,

Eitan

Re: Uploading file with a name containing non-ascii chars

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Eitan, I've tried to reproduce this using the fileUpload example of
the myfaces examples. I've created two image files: testimage.png and
tèstímägê.png, and both files have been uploaded without problems. You
could check what is the difference between your application code and
the examples. To do so, you should download the examples source from
the web site,

Regards,

Bruno