Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pierre Goupil <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/06 20:21:16 UTC

Struts2 & portlets

Hello all,

I'm currently evaluating Struts2 Vs. Wicket as a Web framework in a portlet
environment. I'm using eXo WebOS as a portal.

My question is : what's the status of portlet support in Struts2 ? I don't
really care about portlet 1.0 or 2.0 but I'm looking for a fairly robust and
easy-to-go integration of my MVC framework and my portal.

Hope to be clear !

Cheers,

Pierre

--
Parce que c'est la nuit qu'il est beau de croire en la lumière.

Re: Struts2 & portlets

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
I can't give you an unbiased answer, but I can tell you that there has
been significant efforts making the portlet framework behave as
similar to regular web application with Struts 2 as possible, and yet
expose the more "advanced" portlet concepts in a sensible manner. So
basically, if you like Struts 2, then you'll probably find yourself
comfortable with the portlet framework as well.

It would be very interesting hearing from other people on this list
who have used the portlet framework in their projects.

Nils-H