Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/11 02:24:13 UTC

JAX-RS not marshalling List inside DTO

I have a basic DTO:

public class Dto {
    private static final long serialVersionUID = 5968579769505097685L;
    private Type1 var1;
    private Type2 var2;
    private List<StbData> list;
}

My ContainerResponseFilter displays the list in the log using:

log.debug(String.format("Entity: %s", responseContext.getEntity()));

However, the client returns list as null in the response. It appears to be
the client, but I'll need to do a test with wget to verify. I'm using the
following for JAX-RS provider:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs</groupId>
    <artifactId>jackson-jaxrs-json-provider</artifactId>
    <version>2.6.1</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.jvnet.jaxb2_commons</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaxb2-basics-runtime</artifactId>
    <version>0.9.4</version>
</dependency>

And for test:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
    <artifactId>tomee-jaxrs</artifactId>
    <version>${tomee.version}</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
    <artifactId>jackson-jaxrs</artifactId>
    <version>1.9.13</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
    <artifactId>jackson-xc</artifactId>
    <version>1.9.13</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

Re: JAX-RS not marshalling nested list

Posted by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com>.
Answering my own question:

ClientBuilder.newClient().register(JacksonJaxbJsonProvider.class);