Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Riedel <ri...@yahoo.de> on 2008/10/08 13:00:01 UTC

[EclipsePlugin] downloading sources without writing .project and .classpath files

Hello List.

I've a question by using the Eclipse Plugin.
We will dispose the Q4E Eclipse Plugin.

So call the Plugin with:
mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true

works fine.

But the writen .project and .classpath files are shared by SVN. So the other developer aren't beholden to run write the .project and .classpath files new.
So, is it possible to download the sources by the plugin but don't write the .project and .classpath files again and again.

TIA
Andreas

Re: [EclipsePlugin] downloading sources without writing .project and .classpath files

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
if you use m2eclipse then the .project files and .classpath files should be
pretty much the same... i always put them in and thats been true of the last
3 large commercial projects i've worked on. In all cases the environments
were mixed windows and linux... never had a problem

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: [EclipsePlugin] downloading sources without writing .project and .classpath files

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
And normally I exclude the .classpath and .project files from SVN.
Each developers machine is different, so those files are also a little
machine dependent. (plugins, filepaths, anything)

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
www.iprofs.nl

Posted by Andreas Riedel <ri...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks a lot.

It works.

I never found this in search google for this. All solutions refer to eclipse:eclipse

Many thanks.

  Andreas

Posted by Thor <me...@gmail.com>.
Use the dependency plugin: mvn dependency:sources
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Andreas Riedel <ri...@yahoo.de>wrote:

> Hello List.
>
> I've a question by using the Eclipse Plugin.
> We will dispose the Q4E Eclipse Plugin.
>
> So call the Plugin with:
> mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true
>
> works fine.
>
> But the writen .project and .classpath files are shared by SVN. So the
> other developer aren't beholden to run write the .project and .classpath
> files new.
> So, is it possible to download the sources by the plugin but don't write
> the .project and .classpath files again and again.
>
> TIA
> Andreas

             v  v .... In a free world...